Wednesday 1 January 2014

Catching Up....

Still trying to catch up with posting photo's, mostly of quilting jobs done for my clients. The quilts in this edition are those done during November and December 2013, hope you enjoy them.

I'm on baby sitting duties this week, so while the little one is having a sleep I will post more photo's of the many quilts I've been working on. But first, here is a pic of the bird's in our front garden, enjoying the bird bath a few days ago.



A few months ago I was asked by a friend to 'put something together' as a donation for a raffle prize for Aminya Homes at Mannum. This is what I made, she was really happy & we are hoping it will help to sell their tickets.





And here is a more detailed picture of this quilt.





A very simple quilt for a new baby boy, I used a pattern called Bobbles for the
edge to edge quilting.




Here is a pretty quilt made by Joan who is in her early 80's & has only been quilting for a few years. She's doing a great job. Quilted using Ladybugs design by Lorien Quilting, an Aussie designer of quilting patterns.





Detail of Ladybugs on Joan's quilt.




A beautiful quilt for a little boy, the stitchery bloacks have a 'space' theme. Quite basic custom quilting with a freehand swirls design on the squares between the blocks.


Showing some detail work stitched on this quilt.



This next quilt was made by myself as a commission from Jacc who had purchased  three bags while on holiday in Vietnam (these are the blocks with the three ladies). When asked to make them into a quilt, I did find it a little challenging, but once I began with some black homespun & oriental fabrics from my stash, this design soon came together.  I needed to purchase the border print, gold and plain blue fabric, but in the end I was happy with it and so was Jacc.  Quilted with an edge to edge clamshell design, has helped to finish it off nicely.



A very traditional block design of Tumbling Blocks was used to create this wall hanging by Marg B. I used a feather like flower design in the sections of the blocks with feather sprays in the background areas and trying to make them reflect each other as much as possible. Marg was over the moon with the quilting.




Here you can see more detail of what I did on the Tumbling Blocks quilt.





Julie used a traditional Churn Dash block in various shades of Aqua, Grey and White, to make this quilt for her niece's 15th birthday. These are very modern colours & I'm sure the young girl will just love it!!! Quilted with a simple edge to edge pattern called Bubbles




This quilt had a lot of Ballerina's and ballet shoes in the print. The ribbons from the shoes seemed to pop out to me, so I used an edge to edge pattern called Ribbon to quilt this quilt.  It suited really well & Corinne was very happy with the end result for her grand daughter who is Ballet crazy.





This quilt was so big that when hung up to take this photo, the bottom edge was still on the floor! Lots of piecing with a very creative way to use two beautiful Japanese panels. Quilted with an edge to edge design, except for the two red panels which were customised as they were hand stitched with a sashiko design, as you can see in the detailed phot's below.




The edge to edge pattern is called Ginko, which is seen in a lot of Japanese fabrics. I use it quite often for these style of quilts.




I customised the quilting on the red blocks to enhance the sashiko design which was hand stitched.





That's all for this time, I will post more photo's in coming days while I sort through all the pic's that have accumulated over the past year or so.  I trust you are all enjoying the New Year as we lead into 2014, time for renewed thoughts & promises of resolutions that we often make.
My resolution for 2014 is to keep up this blog on a regular basis & to keep in touch with my customers more often....I think a newsletter is way overdue!!!!


Until next time
Keep safe & Happy Quilting

Val
Bluegum Quilting Services
Murray Bridge, Sth Australia





No comments:

Post a Comment