Sunday 14 December 2014

Another pre-Christmas post

Here we are in the lead up to Christmas 2014, why is it that the year goes by so quickly these days? It only seems a couple of months ago we were celebrating Christmas last year....must be the fast pace of life which most of us seem to have these days. Time to slow down perhaps......

Life has been a little hectic these past few months, like I said before - where has the time gone?
Here are some photo's of recent work done for my clients.  The first has been made by Ann, using cross-stitch designs for one of her many grandchildren & made for her 21st birthday. Quilting in the blocks was tailor made to fit around the designs, while the borders & sashing's were done with Feathers.


This quilt is made by Jessica, she's done a great job with the colour sequencing in her design. I used a Baptist Fan pattern on this traditional quilt, it finished up beautifully.


The next two pic's are from the same quilt, a more 'modern' design made by Sue. Unfortunately I neglected to take a photo of the whole quilt however these are more details photo's of work done, firstly on the blocks, then the border. I was able to design my own pattern of the wavy bubbles for the borders. I think it looks brilliant!!




This next quilt is called 'Pond House' which is a BOM available from Patchwork by Sea, Hove (suburb of Adelaide) & made by Jen &Terry who own this business. A lovely little shop where they have some beautiful fabrics, kits & classes. This quilt also gained 2nd place in the Group Category at the recent Festival of Quilts in Adelaide, 2014. I was very happy for them when they told me they had won this prize. The quilt hangs in the shop with the ribbon pinned proudly upon it. 

 
A close up of some of the work done on 'Pond House'
 
 
 Finally, here is a photo of our small family taken at our 40th Wedding Anniversary celebrations which was held at our home in September. It was also my 60th Birthday, so we combined to have it all in one due to other commitments around this time (always busy in September!). Two grandchildren were not able to be there with us, but it was lovely to have so many family & friends join us on the day. Thankyou for sharing this wonderful day with us.
 
 
I would like to wish you all a wonderful & blessed Christmas this year.
Although is has been a difficult one at times, I look forward to doing more work for you
in the New Year. I will be taking a little time off over the Christmas break, you never know....I may even find some free time to catch up on posting more photo's of all your beautiful quilts!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment